Sunday, June 16, 2024

A Walk in Wonder: Vietnamese Women's Museum

17 June 2024

Dear Friends and Family,

So much to write about!  I encourage you to circle back to this journal entry tomorrow for major additions.  Yesterday, Lee and I visited the Vietnamese Women's Museum.  This is one of two museums that I've longed to visit and it did not disappoint.  The curators have done a marvelous job of capturing the lives of Vietnamese women from the Northeast all the way to the Mekong Delta.  I was enraptured reading about their clothing, lives as wives and mothers, skill in embroidery, and daily work life. Across this and at least one other journal entry, I will share with you the pictures as well as the information posted by the museum.  



For now, I am simply posting some of the pictures that I took of the clothing styles which vary among the different ethnic groups which call this country home.  So, much more to come!













No comments:

Post a Comment

The Daily "Grind"- Eating/ Grocery Shopping in Vietnam

 June 18, 2024 Good Morning Friends and Family, Thought that I'd share a few pictures of what it is like grocery shopping, food prep, ea...