Sunday, May 26, 2024

The Daily Grind- Life in Cambodia Part 2

 This will actually be a short entry but I suspect people are curious what my apartment looks like.  I will shoot some outside pictures later today and add them to the post.  So, circle back around. 

    I have a one bedroom apartment at Bellevue Serviced Apartments (Yes, a "d" on the end of Serviced). https://bellevueservicedapartments.com/  The website has a video and it is just that lovely. 

It is a truly beautiful apartment building on the penisula of Phnom Penh with the Tonle Sap River along one side and the Mekong River along the other side. My apartment has a wrap around terrace on two sides, so I can walk out of the living room or my bedroom to enjoy the view.  There is no outside furniture but I pull a dining chair out there now and again. 

View from the Bedroom Terrace- An Elementary School; What a delight to watch the children. 



I am on the 9th floor and have a bathroom with a washer/ dryer combo (though I have never figured out the dryer), kitchen with a microwave that is in Chinese characters- so nope to using the microwave (and I brought popcorn to snack on! I'll get someone to help me.), living room, office area (and yes, I have two computer screens set up), and bedroom with lots of storage.  The bed is super firm but not as hard as some I have experienced.  Again, because I am here only 2 weeks, I'm not going to invest in purchasing a pad.  Oh, and I have air con in both the living room and another unit in the bedroom.  Very efficient. 

  

 

Below are pictures from the terrace.  The air is a bit hazy this morning, but you can see the main part of the city. The building has long vines growing up the side of it to soften the hard lines and promote a garden feel.
  

Let me know if you have any questions!

Peace- Karen



1 comment:

My First Vietnamese Graduation Ceremony

 27 June 2024 Dear Friends and Family,  "The" day has finally arrived and the campus has been buzzing with activity in preparation...